Friday, April 08, 2005

One of the simple joys of life...

There are few things in this life I treasure more than my testimony and music. My friends happen to be one of those. There are so many times that I have thought a lot about how on earth I was blessed enough to have friends that would accept me for me and the entire me... not just the socially straight part but all my quirks and my gay me. Who couldn't love friends like that? I feel liberated while I hang with the Family because they are just that; Family. I don't feel like I need to pose as some perfect little "Peter Priesthood", granted I'm no angel, I'm not a devil either. I'm Merely me... Human as they come.



I recently have had things working out for me and opportunities have begun to develop into possibilities. I am getting rid of old roommates that are jerks and others that seem to have lost their care for what happens in my life. In many ways I have started a new epic chapter in my life. I was told I was a good writer the other day, although I have my great doubts about that; I finally had to just say thanks for the compliment. I have a problem of comparing my 1 watt candle to others strengths which appear to me to be a lighthouse beacon in comparison. That isn't fair for me or them. But one of the great joys of life is that we all have something we are innately good at; some unique thing about us that makes us the one and only us.



I've been realizing the synergy that a circle of friends creates. There is a completeness that is more apparent and present when we combine talents together to make a functional group capable of tackling challenges... and able to offer greater support and understanding... I don't know where I was actually going with that train of thought.. but It's about time I head to class so this is my stop... I'm getting off now. Hopefully you who read this understand the part you play in my circle of friends. Thanks for being there for me.

5 comments:

pinetree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sedgedude said...

Pinetree said:

Man, you're such a cool guy. You know we love ya. You're a great guy, quirks included.
I honestly hope you don't find us more important than your testimony though. I would hope that maybe you could expand your testimony, perhaps to include the worth of other people, despite all their shortcomings and different points of view, whatever those might be. In that way all of your friends could bolster such a testimony rather than bump it down to second priority or tear it apart altogether. A testimony is a wonderful thing. Faith is the adhesive that keeps people together through through the storms of life. And sometimes it feels like it's raining pianos and you really need that faith...
As far as the music goes, we're doing the best we can to help you appreciate it more ;)
You are incredibly talented dude. If I posess as many talents and skills as you currently do by the time I die, I will die a happy man. You have so much to offer people. And you have red hair, which is pretty much the best kind of hair there is.
We are lucky to know you.

Sedgedude said...

I guess I should clarify what I intended to say there... Its not that I cherish my frineds more than my tesimony... or music.. but that I cherish them As much as my testimony. Nothing could ever take first place above my raltionship that I have developed with my Savior. So, don't worry. I still have my rock. I just know its not a lonely one when I have frineds like you around.

el veneno said...

Hey-- just another ciberwander who stumbled across your site. Yeah, I understand what you're going through. Upadate your blog sometime.

el veneno said...

No, really, update your blog sometime! Man, I must be bored.