Sunday, September 11, 2005

All is not lost

Well, this one is going to be short too.

All is not lost, just the job (so far)... and the future is looking kinda bleek, but I guess I should let y'all know that I am gonna be ok. Even though the Owner is quite a flake about the whole situation. I suppose I need to cut my losses and realise I can still keep in touch with my friends I made there. As much as I don't want to try to find a new job I probably need to. As a few of my friends tried to console me, perhaps this did happen for a reason and perhaps this is the beggining to a new chapter of my life. Who honestly knows but Our Father?

Hopefully I'll find a place that will appreciate my hard work again. The question stands: Do I go to another serving job or just try something altogether different?

I may never really go there more than once in a blue moon; that is, to eat, but I'll often visit my friends. They all miss me already and it's still coming as quite a shock to the rest of the servers still finding out after a week's elapsed and I'm not on the new schedule. If it were as simple as a petition, I have a few frineds that would start it. I doubt that would really make a difference to the guy. He based his decision on a couple others that didn't really see what happened completely. I still have a hard time beleiving I'm history there.

Bah.

Time to move on, and glancing back is hard to do, especially while trying to move on.

Thanks for letting me know you're still out there guys. Perhaps I have a lot more time on my hands these days. If ya know of any good opportunities lemme know, I need a good paying job.

3 comments:

el veneno said...

Way to be positive. Hopefully you get another job as a server--maybe then I could get a free meal from time to time or at least you would. Good luck on the job hunt.

Gregory said...

I think you should try retail. It's not even like working.

Tolkien Boy said...

You can do it. Take Given's advice. There are a number of opportunities available to you.