Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Friendships

Friends are important. That seems to be a cliché thing to say but really, I would be quite lost without some of my friends.

There are the friends I look up to for their spiritual strength and testimonies. These friends are there to support me in my lack of faith at times of great trial.

Others are there for me when I am emotionally exhausted or can’t quite figure out what I’m feeling. I can’t really say one type is more important than the others just that at times you need different friends for different reasons.

I find that I have surrounded myself with a variable cornucopia of friends. Some entertain constantly, some listen, some counsel, others show needed affection. There are so many roles that they fill in my life that I would be quite naïve to think I would be able to get away with neglecting them.

It doesn’t matter what situation I get myself into, or what trials come my way; I can count on them to love me for who I am regardless of my own shortcomings and faults. It’s amazing at times to realize how forgiving they are and then as I reflect on how so many of my friends have such great care and love for me that there is one friend that excels in all these aspects.

The Savior, The Good Shepherd, he loves us perfectly and individually. He is my best friend for I know he gave his life for me. He is always there to support me through my challenges when even the best of my other friends don’t quite see the whole picture. He lifts my burdens as well as any of my other friends can.

I guess I was just in the mood to say thanks to all my friends out there that might actually read this thing. I would have gone insane a long time ago if I didn’t have friends to rely on and to care for me. You guys have reminded me time and again what I should be doing to take care of myself as well as enjoy life.

The memories I reflect upon in my random moments of thoughtful engagement call to mind the love we’ve shared as well as the brotherhood and sincerity I’ve grown accustomed to. Thanks for all you have done for me, the memories and for just being you.

Until next time, don’t forget to smile; you’ll never know when you’ll bump into me and I may have needed that smile more than anything else at the time!

1 comment:

el veneno said...

Hey wanderer. I think I may have run into on campus once and not smiled cause it didn't hit me who you were until afterward. Course maybe it wasn't you after all. Do you still go to BYU? I guess I should just start smiling more at everyone